All 2 art Reviews

Status Quo Status Quo

Can't even begin to describe the concept behind this:

1. Feels like when's he is looking through the mirror, he is actually looking at me. Or is it just that he reflects the emptiness that an average man feels, that imperfection which keeps him uncomfortable, tired and unable to move further in his life, even limiting his dreams. What is he missing... what will happen when he is whole again? Will he settle for a normal life or follow the yellow brick road of destiny?

2. Fencing prodigy, been long in the study of his art to the point the ritual turned into a boring routine. Yet he decides to tackle his dead ambition, spending all he can for it, although people he look up to keep bringing up that he is missing... something? They don't tell him and he cannot progress his art further without it. However, involuntarily, help comes with the aid of someone whom he never met before. But that knowledge will change more than he asks for.

I'd like to praise artist for His skills that He put into this painting/drawing, but I'm afraid my expertise allows me only speculate on the level of dreams and fables for this one. I'll just try and say that I enjoy the scenery being basked in the lights of the morning and Your protagonist's "tired of this life/day already" face.

beastkid7 responds:

I'm glad I'm getting the point across, and greatfull that you enjoyed it. Thank you for the kind words!

I think a large part of the pleasure I derive from my art is having people speculate. Like in a book were things aren't clearly defined. You have to use your own imagination to fill it in. But the author points you in the right direction.

Pikachu, I Choose You! Pikachu, I Choose You!

What you see is what you... become?

The picture is kind of nice, grotesque...

If the title words are bein spoken by the "person" in the picture, we can clearly see a jest paroding all pokemon players, connected by the idea that most pokemon players might be believed to be fat, ugly and childish (despite being adult, which might be suggested by the "body hair" in shape of small spots)

all in all, nice submission.