Mr. Dink's Grill Mr. Dink's Grill

+ for animation in movies and most sound effect, simple yet expressive for collab.

- minus for some people attaching ear piercing sound effects, bad for speakers and my ears.

The Exam The Exam

I didn't click on anything, got A+... in the end it said I have A+ in "Worst Grades"... I don't understand T_T

Flash Advent Calendar '12 Flash Advent Calendar '12

This should be frontpaged, not only cause its good (seen only 3 shorts yet thou), but also cause I want it to be there to remind me of checking it.

Thank you for the callendar ^^.

P.S.
If you feel like being gods or something, how about linking the flash to external clock and programming it so it doesn't allow people to watch other flashes until the proper day comes...
On the other hand, being able to put a treat in Advent Callendar for later is a good will exercise.

So what do you think:
Better with auto deny or free treat for all? :)

Whack the Thief Whack the Thief

This is a nice game, good idea about whacking the ones we really hate, animaed quite good. Like the idea of finding the items triggering cutscenes. I wonder what will be your next work: Whack a Politician? (Just a hinch)

Good piece for a quick stress reliever, especially if you were once a victim of a theft.

P.S.
I give -1 star because you forgot to put the "T" for "Teen" in the Pegi icon of Newgrounds (yes, I saw the adnotation inside, guess its not enough for me if I'm a parent :/)

Why Am I Dead Why Am I Dead

The game involves alot of converstation and a bit of running around. All mixed up in a puddle of dramatic crime scene involving the use of the dead man's spirit. I played and finish the game, but some of the other characters stories add a sense that this game consists of a hidden ending, which I could yet not deduce... or is it just me?

Minesweeper3D: Universe Minesweeper3D: Universe

Mind boggling!

This is, by far, the most challenging mix of logic mathematical thinking mixed with spatial orientation.

Normally you don't get to choose among kinds of minesweepers too much. Most of them are just the clasic with changed field pattern, or some fancy bonus upgrades that give u hints or other stuff.

Now this game here proves you can create a marvelous piece by just taking the classic and twisting it around without any need for adding additional trinkets. The sole idea and rules applied in classic minesweaper literelly transformed into a 3-dimensional state of mind art that was born in tpodhraski's (the artist) mind and make's you think in a broader range of seeing things.

With a bit graphical upgrade, and maybe adding different difficulties o each level this game would surely create a commotion with not only flash users, but also iPod/iPad players as well, if it was ever trasnferred.

VDay Blast VDay Blast

Nice game, but buggy

The game itself is nice, pixelated environment and tandy music have their charms no matter how much used.
You coined the old team-work game form pretty fine, but the game lack anything original, aside the connection to valentine's day, through which I assume this flash got to frotnt page, but as a "valentine present" I think it'll do.

One thing though - when I gathered the required 75 hearts (somehow I gathered 76 hearts even), it triggered my sound system off - using laptop with speakers connected to it, it seemed to confuse the laptop, and the audio stream flew both from external speakers as also laptop speakers. I am using Opera and Windows XP, with integrated Realtecl soundcard. Though I doubt this information will help you as a flash creator, please, try removing the sound bug :(

Overally 6/10 for your work.

catbrush responds:

um, i think the sound bug had nothing to do with the game, actually. it was probably a background process.

but thanks

-:flash Dance:- -:flash Dance:-

MAGNIFICENT idea :D

Ever wanted to dance-dance revolution your favourite songs?
Now you can! Just turn on the music on any player available and get ready to hit the keyboard.

NOTE
The game will react only to clear sound of perticular volume - if the arrows are not appearing, get it lauder :)

This helpful gadget/music/game lets you choose any .mp3 music and uses engine based on mic input, so be sure to set the in-comp volume volume to a decent level, along with the input recording level if you happen to have it.

Of course, this is clearly an attempt to show the idea to the public, and the project will be becoming better if it is accepted by others.

I'm just eager to see the FULL version of that.

P.S. To the author
Good luck!

[ VORTICUBE ] [ VORTICUBE ]

Great game

Graphics:
Nicely done, they are cheerful to the eye :). Animation is quite flawless.

Style:
An original with a good taste.

Sound:
Easy for ear, and through nothing special, it's good it is nice to the ear.

Violence:
Mines leaving scraps of your ball on the level are just awesome :).

Interactivity:
Thou it's good the ear, I think that the controls are MIXED. The arrow kesys should be the ones responsible for moving 2D in horizontal dimension, while the W-S keys should be used for changing hight.

Overall, a very nice game :)

Babeball Teaser Babeball Teaser

Super idea:)

I really like the style of this. A bikini lady running like a humster in a bal XD.

Graphics are like not good, really, pixels and stuff doesn't amaze people, it see it was all homemade. But the way the author uses his graphics is more important, and in this here i give my crown jewel :) Super 3D enviroment.

The controls aren't listed, but that's ok:) Everyne will instinctively know how to play this game. The only thing that bothers me here, is monotony. The lever lenght is a bit to long for only running and jumping. The enging of the game is great, but the game would be little better if the author would ad something more in it (->enemies).

The music is charming, it fits easy into a loop.

The most amazing thing to me is... how such a good game fit into such a small size? The author must be a genius of javascript :)

All in all, great one, hope to see another :D

Newsdee responds:

Thanks for the review! Yes, the point was to use code for everything. Also I agree that the level is long. I'm thinking of making multiple levels, starting from very simple ones to longer ones... that way it keeps the player interested. Enemies may be tricky given the engine (it would make the game even harder!), but are an interesting idea to explore.