mr. list watches a movie mr. list watches a movie

The "movie" is pretty much the dictionairy definition of an asshole. Flabby characters in a cinema.

Cream Cream

Very fluid and clean movie, although most of the animation looked like motion tween (is this how its spelled?) and the the special effect everything was in correct place. Every detail was shiny and eye catching, the picture like elements were given life.

What I like the most about this, is the meaning of what is happening, the way we see the accomplishments of humanity destroyed the instant somebody decides is not good for their interest.

More than once I have been a witness of creation of good items and ideas, more than once I have tried later to find them or their working duplicates to no avail. It is as someone is controlling that the best never leave the rest far behind, and if they do, they are tore down.

This goes for following:
- medicine for allergy
- medicine for cancer, for which I hear there are new ways of curing every year or so, but never witness anyone actually confirming it
- vehicle safety inventions (like EPAR, the car bumbers that substantially remove force of crashing, saving car and lives)

Going down history a bit:
- Indian Conopy, now known as marihuana, initially created as cheaper and more efficient material in cloths industry

Those are the only one I recall, and I don't want to surf internet to depress myself thinking how HORRIBLE is rich 1%, when we will be free of this madness?

If you have any other examples though, please add them in comments, so that the viewers actually know, that this movie, this piece of art is not only art - it is a message to all of us that those, who will try to change the world will have to fight with those who cannot accept that change, and the bigger the change, the greater your opponent will be. I pray for a great change that would happen in our world, one free of the boundaries, smart enough to avoidcrippling laws, strong enough to not get swallowed by media and uni-best as the Cream... but even in times already going fast as they are doing now, I don't know if we'll live long enough to see this.

Maybe to witness a pernament fully intended positive change we'll need revolution, who knows... maybe a change could be brought only by war.. Till that time I'll pray, and watch David Firths movie (kudos for the whole cast, photographics, music and everything), hoping for a better tomorrow.

Spickled Dimwizzles Episode 2 Spickled Dimwizzles Episode 2

Based on first 3 episodes of this series:

Quite a nice piece there. Animation drawn-like gaveit a bit of what children would draw, but seing it animate one does see the difference. Maybe some more inking on the outline, but that's just my opinion.

The sound needs a bit of work on. Demon lady/door was almost inaudible most of the time, which then, when I automatically try to increase volume, is contrasted how some of the sounds become deafening. I understand that you have tried to get mysterious effect of the voice, but one would require some other approach, since I could not hear her say most of the lines. Definately needs more "natural" sound effects (magma splash sounds, traps sounds, heavy machinery)

All in all I like the idea of "overly lucky" wizard apprentice, so I'll keep watching.

Mr. Dink's Grill Mr. Dink's Grill

+ for animation in movies and most sound effect, simple yet expressive for collab.

- minus for some people attaching ear piercing sound effects, bad for speakers and my ears.

The Exam The Exam

I didn't click on anything, got A+... in the end it said I have A+ in "Worst Grades"... I don't understand T_T

Flash Advent Calendar '12 Flash Advent Calendar '12

This should be frontpaged, not only cause its good (seen only 3 shorts yet thou), but also cause I want it to be there to remind me of checking it.

Thank you for the callendar ^^.

P.S.
If you feel like being gods or something, how about linking the flash to external clock and programming it so it doesn't allow people to watch other flashes until the proper day comes...
On the other hand, being able to put a treat in Advent Callendar for later is a good will exercise.

So what do you think:
Better with auto deny or free treat for all? :)

Status Quo Status Quo

Can't even begin to describe the concept behind this:

1. Feels like when's he is looking through the mirror, he is actually looking at me. Or is it just that he reflects the emptiness that an average man feels, that imperfection which keeps him uncomfortable, tired and unable to move further in his life, even limiting his dreams. What is he missing... what will happen when he is whole again? Will he settle for a normal life or follow the yellow brick road of destiny?

2. Fencing prodigy, been long in the study of his art to the point the ritual turned into a boring routine. Yet he decides to tackle his dead ambition, spending all he can for it, although people he look up to keep bringing up that he is missing... something? They don't tell him and he cannot progress his art further without it. However, involuntarily, help comes with the aid of someone whom he never met before. But that knowledge will change more than he asks for.

I'd like to praise artist for His skills that He put into this painting/drawing, but I'm afraid my expertise allows me only speculate on the level of dreams and fables for this one. I'll just try and say that I enjoy the scenery being basked in the lights of the morning and Your protagonist's "tired of this life/day already" face.

beastkid7 responds:

I'm glad I'm getting the point across, and greatfull that you enjoyed it. Thank you for the kind words!

I think a large part of the pleasure I derive from my art is having people speculate. Like in a book were things aren't clearly defined. You have to use your own imagination to fill it in. But the author points you in the right direction.

Pikachu, I Choose You! Pikachu, I Choose You!

What you see is what you... become?

The picture is kind of nice, grotesque...

If the title words are bein spoken by the "person" in the picture, we can clearly see a jest paroding all pokemon players, connected by the idea that most pokemon players might be believed to be fat, ugly and childish (despite being adult, which might be suggested by the "body hair" in shape of small spots)

all in all, nice submission.